Fort William: 01397 701616 Inverness: 01463 712525
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the price quoted include?
The prices quoted all include your chosen vehicle for the specified time, comprehensive insurance, VAT and mileage*.
*Rentals from 1 – 4 days have a mileage allowance of 250 miles per day. Rentals 4 days or more have unlimited mileage. Additional mileage is 10p per mile.
What happens after I book online?
At Easydrive we believe in the personal touch. The reservation teams at the relevant pick up location process all bookings. Therefore please utilize the additional information box as our staff will read this and respond.
Payment will be taken when your booking has been received by our team. Any errors in information given in your booking form may delay our ability to process the booking.
If you have booked a group that is no longer available then we will contact you as soon as possible with another option.
You will receive a booking confirmation direct from the office within 24 hours of placing your booking online.
What is required to rent a car from EasyDrive?
Photographic driving licence must be produced with the paper counterpart if license is from the UK. If paper counterpart is not produced a £5 DVLA charge will apply for us to confirm the details.
Secondary form of ID; this can be passport, Utility Bill or Birth Certificate etc.
Credit or debit card for payment – We do not accept American Express. Credit Card must be supplied for pre-authorization. A pre-authorisation will be taken from your card, we recommend for customers to use a credit card as your insurance excess for your hire will be frozen in your account. The funds will return back to your account normally within
3-5 days. Some providers can take as much as 10 days.
What is a pre-authorisation, and how does it work?
When you a hire a car from Easydrive we pre-authorise your appropriate insurance excess on the day you collect your car. We recommend customers to do this on their credit card as a pre-authorisation “freezes” the funds in your accounts for up to 10 days, however, most bank providers return the funds within 3-5 days. Customers can use a debit card if they wish. The money doesn’t come out of your bank it is just held incase any charges need to be made during or after your rental. Easydrive will always justify any charges such as damage, re-fuelling or extensions, which you may authorize over the phone.
Can I be insured to drive - Driver Qualification?
You must have held your licence for over 12 months for insurance purposes.
You can have additional drivers, please provide all licence details on online form. There is an additional charge of £5 per day per driver to insure them for the car.
Pricing advertised on the website is for drivers between the age of 25 – 75 years old. Drivers between the ages of 21-24/76-80 can be insured to drive but this comes with further conditions and additional fee to get insured. Please contact EasyDrive directly if you have a driving licence query.
Drivers aged between 21-25 will incur a young driver surcharge at £5 per day and will need to meet further conditions set by the insurer*
All foreign drivers’ licence’s must be produced with a valid passport.
If you have more than one conviction and/or 3 points please add this to the additional information box and we will contact our insurer to confirm that we can attain insurance for you. Failure to disclose convictions could result in you being unable to get insurance.
*21-22 – Must have: held a licence for 2 years, free of convictions, accident free record and insurance excess is increased by £250. 22-23 - Must have: held a licence for 1 year and insurance excess is increased by £200
Drivers must have a D1 entitlement to drive a 17-seater mini bus. Drivers who passed their driving licence before 1997 have automatic entitlement.
Drivers must be aged 23 and above to a hire a 9 seater.
Where do I collect the Car?
- Inverness Railway Station: Our office is situated at the Railway Station at the top of platform 7.
- Inverness Airport: Our driver will meet you in the arrivals area, please look for a driver with an Easydrive sign.
- Fort William Office: Our office is situated on North Road on the A82, about a 15 minute walk from the town centre. Post Code PH33 6PP. Please call us and we would be happy to give directions.
- Fort William Station: Our driver will meet you as you come off the train at the Fort William Station. Please look out for one of our drivers with an Easydrive sign. If you cannot locate the driver for any reason, they will have parked the car outside the station at the exit in front of the platforms.
Where can I drop off the car out of hours?
If dropping at an agreed location where we require further instruction please give location of the car as soon as possible to +44 (0) 1397 701616. If the drop off is out with working hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort William Office: Park at the front or the rear of the building ensuring that the road or no cars are blocked in. Post the keys through the letter box which is located at the side door.
- Fort William Station: Free drop off, keys to the ticket office. The ticket office is open for when all trains depart. Car must be parked at the front of the station or the side door of the station. Customers are not allowed to park at Morrison’s. If they park at long stay they must place a ticket on the car.
- Inverness Railway Station: Customers should be given a gate key in order to gain access to the yard out of hours. Attach gate key to the car key. Keys to be posted through drop box and not the letterbox. If customers for any reason cannot get access to the Yard they can part at Easy drive’s parking as the side of the royal mail building and the bus station. Option to also part at Rose Street Multi Story.
- Inverness Airport: Park the car at Short Stay 2, situated on your right as you enter the airport. Keys into silver box labeled Easydrive inside terminal beside information desk.
- Glasgow Airport: Park at long stay NCP car park. Follow signs for long stay car parks. Email or phone office with location. Keys and ticket to be locked in the boot.
- Glasgow Central Station: Park in the car park on Oswald Street, this is multi story attached to the railway station. Keys and ticket in the boot.
- Edinburgh Waverley Station: Park at the railway station car parking, locking the key and the ticket in the boot.
- Edinburgh Airport: Park at long stay NCP car park, this is the first car park you see on entering the airport site on your left. There is a free bus to the airport every 15 minutes. Email or phone to desk with location. Keys and ticket to be locked in the boot.
Car must be parked in a safe location as there is a responsibility for parking charges or if the vehicle has to be towed. You must pay for parking for 4 -6 hours if at pay and display. This allows us time to collect.
There is an option to leave your car at your hotel, please confirm your hotel is happy with this. Then add to additional information box. Our staff will confirm if this is ok.
Dropping your car at another location is subject to a charge, you are able to book this on our website. You must seek authorisation to drop the vehicle at another location. We offer other locations around Scotland, please telephone us for a quote.
The computer will not let me select another drop off location?
Easydrive only offers one way hire on a minimum of a 4 day hire on our website. The computer automatically detects if the hire has is 4 days or more and then gives you options to drop elsewhere. If you would like a one way hire and it doesn’t meet the standard requirements please contact the office directly.
Additional insurance/Collision Damage Waiver
Collision Damage Waiver can be purchased easily by selecting the ADD button on the Collision Damage Waiver Icon. Simply what this does is reduce your insurance excess. Your insurance excess is what you pay up to, in the event of any damage of an accident in the vehicle.
The standard insurance excess is £1000, this is on the presumption you meet the standard insurance requirements. Purchasing Collision Damage waiver lowers your insurance excess from £1000 to £150.
- Cars: £15 per day for Collision Damage Waiver. If your rental is 7 days or more this rate reduces to £10 per day.
- Vans: £15 per day for Collision Damage Waiver. If your rental is 7 days or more this rate reduces to £10 per day.
Collision Damage Waiver purchase allows our customers to reduce their insurance excess by £850.
The insurance excess of £1000, is our standard insurance excess for drivers who meet our normal requirements; Aged 25-75 and free of convictions. Drivers aged 21-24 and 76-80, are subject to an increase in insurance excess of £200. Drivers with convictions may be subject to an increase in excess, please list any convictions in the additional information box and our staff will contact you as soon as possible if there is any changes to the quoted price.
Additional drivers can be added at the cost of £5 per day per additional driver.
If you would like help making your way around Scotland then please select ADD on the option of the Satellite Navigation.
This costs £10 per day.
We have a large selection of child seats available for hire. Please select how many seats you require. Please ensure you use the additional information box to advise what seat (s) you require.
The form will not accept what I am trying to enter?
All bookings are received by the team. Therefore if any of the information will not enter properly please feel free to enter something to fill the box. Please then use to the additional information box to give the information.
Can I pay if I am not the driver?
Yes. Please enter the licence details of the driver and enter in the additional information box that you are paying but someone else is the driver. We need to see the card that has paid for the rental or we require a signed letter giving proof that someone else may use this card.
Do I have to decide if I want collision damage waiver or any other extras now?
Extras can be added anytime up until the vehicle goes on hire. Additional drivers can be added during the hire however must be cleared via the office.
The answer not there?
Please remember a member of our staff always checks your booking before processing, so if you have any questions please enter this in additional information box and state how you would like to be contacted.
Call us on: +44 (0) 1397 701616 or +44 (0) 1463 712 525 or Email us: email@example.com