Fort William: 01397 701616 Inverness: 01463 712525
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Your Contract with Easydrive
When you sign the form over the page you accept the conditions of the rental agreement listed in the document.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CARFULLY. IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH, PLEASE ASK ANY MEMBER OF STAFF AT THE RENTAL LOCATION FROM WHICH THE VEHICLE IS RENTED.
2. Rental Period
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement. We may agree to extend this rental period but the rental may never exceed 30 days.
If you do not bring the vehicle back on time you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. We can charge you for every day or part day you have the vehicle after you should have returned it to us. We will charge you the daily rate quoted at the rental location until we get the vehicle back.
3. Your Responsibilities
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it and use any security device fitted in or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel.
- You are responsible for any damage to the roof or upper part of the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches.
- You must not sell, rent, loan or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone the legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission. If we do not give you permission, we will only give a refund if you produce a receipt for the work.
- You must let us know as soon as you become aware of a defect to the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to the agreed place during the opening hours displayed at the rental location. One of our staff must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition. Where we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside of business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is re-inspected by a member of staff.
- You will have to pay for repairs if :-
- The vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning)
- If bodily fluids are left in the vehicle.
- You have damaged the vehicle inside.
- You have damaged and/or lost any part of the vehicle. (SD Cards, GPS or Child seats included)
- You have put the wrong fuel in the vehicle.
- You damaged tyres and wheels.
- Lost keys to the vehicle.
- You must check before you bring back the vehicle that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle as we cannot accept responsible.
4. Our Responsibilities
We have to maintain the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard. We undertake that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period. In addition to the above, if you are not renting the vehicle for business purposes, we are responsible if we break the conditions of the rental agreement in the following ways: the vehicle does not correspond to our description of it; the vehicle is not of the quality that you would be entitled to expect from a rental vehicle; the vehicle is not fit to drive; we do not have the right legally to rent out the vehicle.
We are responsible if someone is injured or dies as a result of our negligence. We are not Responsible for any indirect or unforeseeable loss or damage (indirect losses are the losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage). Foreseeable losses are the losses arising directly from, for example, the vehicle breaking down (such as the cost of repairing the vehicle or arranging other transport). You or we may not foresee other losses and so, if you want to be able to claim for such losses, we recommend that you arrange insurance.
We are only responsible for property in the vehicle if the loss or damage is a result of our negligence.
6. Conditions for using the vehicle
The vehicle must only be driven by the person named overleaf, or by anyone we authorise in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full, valid driving licence and not be prohibited by law from holding or obtaining such licence.
You or any authorised driver must not do any of the following:
- Carry passengers for hire or reward
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose
- Use the vehicle for racing, pace making, testing the vehicle's reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive
- Use the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Carry a number of passengers and/or baggage which would cause the vehicle to be overloaded or in the case of a commercial vehicle, a payload which exceeds the maximum payload and individual axle plated weights or for a purpose which requires an Operator's Licence where you do not have one.
- Drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, unless we have given you permission in writing and appropriate charges paid.
We work out our charges using our current price list as shown overleaf; you will pay the following charges:
- The rental and any other charges we work out according to this agreement.
- A refuelling services charge of plus 3L at £1.55 per litre. If the vehicle is not returned full of fuel.
- On demand, all fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other offences (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped or impounded by the police). You must pay the appropriate fines and costs. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay our £25 administration charge for every contact we have to make with authority.
- On demand, the full cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if it is damaged or stolen (even if it is not your fault). You will have to pay the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if you have purchased our Damage Protection programme (CDW) as shown overleaf or you have arranged your own insurance.
- On demand, a loss of income charge. We will charge you this if we cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired, or it is a write-off (can't be repaired). We will only charge you for loss of income if we can't recover the losses under the Damage Protection Programme. We will charge you at the daily rate. We will always do everything we can to make sure the vehicle is repaired or we get payment as soon as possible.
- On demand, any charges made by customs and excise as a result of seizure of the vehicle by them, together with a loss of income charge while the vehicle is unavailable for rental.
- Any published rates for delivery and collection of a vehicle. In the event you arrange a one way hire and the vehicle is not ready for collection at the arranged time a collection charge will be charged at the full amount for a second collection.
- You must have authorisation to return the vehicle out of hours or to a different location before this can be done. In the event a vehicle is left without authorisation you will be charged the additional day’s rental until we can have the vehicle collected and also a cost for the vehicle to be collected as we will send a delivery/collection lorry to recover the vehicle.
- Interest which we will add every day to any amount you do not pay us on time. At the rate of 4% a month above the base lending rate of Bank of Scotland from time to time.
- Value Added Tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
- You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for you.
- All website bookings are paid in full at the time of booking. Please refer to our cancellations policy.
- We will hold a deposit for your insurance excess at the time of collection of the vehicle.
8. OUR INSURANCE AND DAMAGE PROTECTION PROGRAMME
If we arrange separate insurance, we will give you separate information on the insurance cover and any restrictions which may apply. Otherwise, the conditions of our insurance programme will apply. By signing our agreement you are accepting the conditions of our insurance programme.
A. We have a legal responsibility to have third party insurance, this provides cover for claims made if you injure or kill anybody, or damage their property.
B. We will provide cover for loss or damage to the vehicle if you have initialled the box marked accept and paid the appropriate additional fee. If you accept this, you still have to pay an amount up to the excess every time you damage the vehicle.
C. Several exclusions apply in your insurance excess, these will be chargeable at the reasonable cost to restore the vehicle back to specification as per pre rental inspection. Exclusions are wheels, tyres, mis-fuelling of vehicles, damage to the roof of a vehicle and loss of car keys.
9. Your own insurance
If we have agreed as indicated under insurance details over the page you may arrange your own insurance for the full duration of the rental as long as you can prove that this insurance is valid. We must have a copy of the document and must show our registration. We have to agree to the amount of cover you arrange, the type of policy and the insurer you have chosen.
We must be satisfied with the cover and policy conditions, and you must not change them. We may ask your insurers to record our name as owners of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen you will let us negotiate with the insurers about whether the vehicle can be repaired or what compensation is due to us. You are financially responsible for settling the full claim and paying all costs if the policy you have arranged fails and the vehicle is damaged, lost or stolen, or a claim as made by any other party. The vehicle will remain on hire until claim is resolved.
10. WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT
If you have an accident you must not admit responsibility. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses and photos of all vehicle involved. You should also: make the vehicle secure; tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and call the office from which you rented the vehicle, straight away. You must then fill in our accident report form and send it to our address. You must cooperate with us if we have to make a claim, for example coming to see us during working hours to ensure we can fill out necessary paperwork. Appropriate excess is always charged in the event of a claim or damage. If the damage is deemed not your fault we will be able to refund you this money if this is the case.
11. Ending the agreement
- If you are a consumer we will end this agreement straight away if we find out that your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you. We may end this agreement if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If you are a company, we will end this agreement straight away if: you go into liquidation; you call a meeting of creditors; we find out that your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts; or you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement. We can also claim reasonable costs from you if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle (and charge you a reasonable amount) without using unreasonable force or causing damage.
Cancellations made less than one week before the commencement of the hire - 50% will be charged.
Cancellations made earlier than one week before the commencement of the hire - no charge.
No show bookings will be charged at 100% of the rental cost.
If you do need to cancel for any reason please contact us directly on 01397 701616.